[pct-l] Acorn Trail

This is my first post to the list after lurking for quite a while...

My hiking partner and I hiked into Wrightwood down the Acorn trail back in
'98. When we started the hike at Campo, I was probably about 30 pounds
overweight physically (don't recommend this, folks) and fairly out of shape.
  By the time we hiked out of Wrightwood many miles later, I didn't think
twice about hiking up the Acorn trail. You just get to a point where
elevation gain or loss is kind of irrelevant - your feet just keep moving
forward in their own rhythm.

One thing, though...carry water out of I-15!!!  We hiked in probably the
wettest year that part of the trail ever sees, and there wasn't a drop to be
found until we reached the snowpack above Wrightwood.

Andrea