Re: [pct-l] hitching to towns

> Over the course of hiking 2,650 miles I never really wanted to do any real
>  hiking. The fake stuff suited me fine. ;)

Indeed, since 2,650 were on the menu, why walk something that wasn't official
Trail?

I look forward to the day when ALL PCT thru-hikers rely on the kindness of
strangers and their motorized vehicles to take them into town when there is a
PERFECTLY GOOD FOOTPATH THAT LEADS DIRECTLY INTO TOWN. Why walk when you can
hitch? You shouldn't have to hike a trail that is difficult and steep, even
if it is well maintained, especially when you can stick out your thumb and
let someone else do the work for you. After all, the Acorn Trail isn't
official PCT. [insert annoying sideways smiley face thing here]