RE: [pct-l] Bear/Food Canister

You CAN NOT COUNT on a bear box while hiking through the Sierra.

I would like to see them placed at all tent-city locations so that the bears
wouldn't be trained to get food from humans. Unfortunately, that has not
happened and many object to the idea so I doubt it ever will. There are bear
boxes at Rock Creek, Crabtree Meadows, along the stretch between Center
Basin and Woods Creek, at the campground at Tuolumne Meadows and at Glen
Aulin.

As far as I know, and these things change, there are no bear boxes between
Woods Creek and Tuolumne and no bear boxes between Glen Aulin and I-80. In
some areas there may be bear cables.