[pct-l] Is everyone ready!!

HOWDY EVERYONE...

I'm putting the final touches on my trek starting in 33 days, getting the
resupply packages packed and checking all equipment for the trip. This is an
exiting time for me. I'm so close to starting my life long dream, I can't
wait till April 27 when I leave for ADZPCTKOP. I am looking forward in
putting the faces with the names.
I just returned from Seattle on a training trip to the Olympic and Rainier
areas. 2 days hiking and camping at Staircase in the rainforests (and they
do mean rain) at the east side of Olympic National park. I'm just happy that
the Sun Gods allowed me a clear day on the day I left so I could see what I
was hiking in. I also spent 2 days at Mt. Rainier camped at the base of the
Mt. on the south side in a snowstorm, it got down to 18 degrees that night.
The second day was perfect very few clouds very warm and the road was open
to all vehicles (no chains needed) to Paradise, and it was just that. I'm
from Minnesota and have never seen snow so deep as at Rainier. The views of
the mountain ranges from 8000 ft on a clear day are unreal (this is from the
experiences of a Minnesota flatlander). I CANT WAIT TO GET INTO THE
MOUNTAINS!!.

I'll have photos up on my website in the next week. Take a look at my
website www.pct2000trek.org and feel free to let me know what you think.
It's still under the construction phases so don't be to cruel there are many
things that will be changed.

I am going to try to attempt to GPS the whole trail, I have all the
equipment for this task but not all the batteries that I'll need. Anyone who
might have a connection with a battery company or someone who could supply
me with some additional batteries please let me know.

SEE YOU ALL IN A FEW WEEKS.

Check out my website and consider a pledge or donation for the Ronald
McDonald House at www.pct2000trek.org .

Doug
pcthiker@uswest.net
www.pct2000trek.org