[pct-l] Muir Trail Ranch Resupply

We have resupplied at Muir Trail Ranch twice.  Once we simply picked up
up our package, refilled our fuel bottle, emptied our trash into our food
container, and left.  Last year, however, we arrived on June 20, before
the start of their regular season, and were able to stay as paying
guests.  $90 a day per person might seem like a lot, but after 6 days of
crossing snowbound passes and fording raging streams you deserve a little
pampering.  Moonlight soaks in the private hot springs, a private cabin
on the river, and three delicious AYCE meals go a long way.  The people
there are great.  Russ "Rude Dog" is a long distance hiker himself, and
his girl friend Brenda does the cooking.  Last year Russ hiked from Campo
to Muir Trail Ranch to open the place up for the season.

They are understandably busy when the real paying guests (who pay much
more) arrive, but even then it's a very convenient place to resupply, and
you can camp for free nearby..

Annie and the Salesman