Re: [pct-l] Some dinner ideas

----------
>From: panna_l@pacbell.net
>To: pct-l@edina.hack.net
>Subject: [pct-l] Some dinner ideas
>Date: Fri, Mar 17, 2000, 5:49 PM
>

> Many of our favorite foods came from the Asian stores.
I did some shopping at an Asian store for my thru hike. I bought dehydrated
cole, dried sea weed, a couple of cases of quick noodles (like ramen
packets). I like the exotic variety!

> To the person coming to South Lake Tahoe I would recommend
> skiing/snowshoing into Desolation Wilderness.  If you are a good
> backcountry telemarker Jake's peak is beautiful.  Echo Lakes is great for
> any level skier.  You might also consider skiing in to one of the Sierra
> club huts for a few nights.  Contact Clair Tappan Lodge in Soda Springs for
> reservations.  Also the part of the PCT near carson pass is close enough
> for a day trip from south lake and is gorgeous.

Thank you! I am thinking of snow shoeing out of Echo Lake, a day hike north
and another day south. Everyone's advice sounds so good. I think I will play
it by ear.

Lee