Re: [pct-l] Today's tip

On Thu, 16 Mar 2000 21:55:45 EST Montedodge@aol.com writes:
>  I am a pyro and plan > to use 4
> ozs of alcohol a day on my hike. Boil times are lame compared to
> gas. 15 > minutes to boil a quart, what a flame thrower. haha.
Lightweight and
> safety > is the strong points of the alcohol cookers. ________

Lightweight?  Hmmm - maybe.  For a 6 day stretch that's 24 oz of fuel +
stove weight + fuel container weight.  Total about maybe 32 oz.

For an 8 day stretch last year we used 18 oz of fuel + stove weight (10
oz) + fuel container weight.  Total 32 oz.  That was for two of us.

I was thinking about using an alcohol stove.  Maybe I'll think again.

Walk softly,
Jim
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.