-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Lee (Office) [mailto:elee@MICROSOFT.com]

I can't speak from experience, because I've never tried it, but I've heard
others say that getting enough calories for a thru-hike via a vegetarian or
vegan diet can be quite difficult.  It's very tough to get the
calorie-to-weight ratio to where you need it using only vegan foods.  That's
not to say that it's impossible, but be aware of the challenge.

Maybe someone who knows what they're talking about can elaborate on this?

Eric