Re: [pct-l] 6 oz. bug bivy

The Hike Lite tarp is for two people (Actually, I think 3 could fit under
there). It is large. I could cut down the size to make some weight savings.
But, I like having the extra coverage and I could fit another person under
there if an emergency presented itself. And also because the ends are open
the extra coverage provides a larger dry area underneath.

Before considering another tarp for my next thru-hike, I'm going to take a
look at some of the light weight tents like the Nomad, Sil Shelter and
perhaps the Golite tent.

Which tents weigh in under 2 pounds stakes, cord, ground cloth and all?

Troubadour
http://www.pcthiker.com | experience the pacific crest trail