[pct-l] Wasington PCT Fall 1999

Mike - Yes I'm the same Mountain Dave you met. North of Ollalie was a real
adventure. Howling ground blizzard at Mt. Hood while camped 100 yds. from
Timberline Lodge (no rooms available). White out and 6 in. snow at Goat
Rocks. Fire hose soaked at White Pass(stayed in motel). Utterly drenched at
Snoqualmie Pass(stayed in motel). Beautiful Fall weather Snoqualmie to Rainy
Pass. Shrieking 3 day blizzard at Harts Pass. Stayed in yurt at Windy Pass
and hurricane force winds nearly tore it down. Bailed out back to Harts pass
and Mazama while the getting was good, stopped in my tracks just 22 miles
from the Canadian border! Oh well!!!  Got a permit for the John Muir Trail
for 8 people starting August 7, if anyone's interested. Several spots still
open. Going to take it slow, about 10 miles a day and do some Mt. climbing.
No point in rushing through this time and hopefully the bugs will be dead.