Re: [pct-l] Hot Food idea!!!

>Can of chicken? How much does **that** weigh? You're not
>really advocating carrying canned goods? I must've missed
>something here?

Sounds like Monte and I would be less-than-ideal hiking partners: we
both carry very similar food, and he's a lot bigger, so I might come
up short!

I carried a can of chicken (4 ounce) for 5 days out of every week on
the PCT and LOVED it. I also had 1-2 cans of roast beef for
state-line celebrations, and maybe 10 1-pound cans of DAK (Danish?)
bacon (REI used to sell 'em) for short days. The bacon would take
about an hour to cook, in my tiny SIGG pot lid, over my bleuet stove.
But, the grease was HEAVEN!

I can't recommend enough, taking a few extra pounds of down-home,
cholesterol-laden, gut-busting, stop-you-in-your-tracks comfort food
on each carry-- there will be days when you really deserve the
reward. By the time you hit San Jac, most hikers won't sense the
difference on their backs.