Error--->! Re: [pct-l] Dried Meats and dehydrated Foods

At 7:58 PM -0800 2/29/2000, Jim Owen wrote:
>On Tue, 29 Feb 2000 19:49:00 EST Montedodge@aol.com writes:
>>  Mountain House may break the bank if used straight for
>> five months.-----
>
>Betcher sweet patootie it will - and it'll starve you, too.  :-)
>
>Freeze dried doesn't have any fat -
>Walk softly,
>Jim
>_____

HUH?? Where did that data come from?? Somebody (hmmmm??)
has not read the percentage contents on the back of the FD bag
lately.. All my freeze dried food meals have normal fat content one
would find "at home"... anywhere from 4 to 12 or even 15+grams
of fat per serving. In a typical modest meal this is anywhere
from 15 to 33% fat supplied by a FD meal!  FD'ing does not make
the fat go away! If it is there in the front end it is there
after drying. Otherwise Jenny Craig would not be in business :)

As to "breaking the bank"- 1- Buying in case bulk and 2- waiting
for a sale got my two months of meals under $10 a day. (not
including stops where I found a place to fill up on  beautiful greasy
fat-blast of  a hot-burger and fries)

I think you have made a lot of good posts so I don't know what happened
here.  How is Ginny's finger by the way, I never heard afterwards?

Rich