Re: [pct-l] Sidetrips

At 6:16 PM -0800 2/29/2000, Eskie user wrote:
>I'll second the motion on Eagle Creek vs. Benson Plateau. No comparison,
>Eagle Creek is far superior. As for solitude, what I noticed is that
>thruhikers don't look for solitude as much as weekenders. Seem to thrive
>on company.
>
>* From the PCT-L |  Need help? http://www.backcountry.net/faq.html  *

I will third it. And I find sufficient solitude on the many
days of hiking I see no one or do a quick hello on the trail.

I am basically a social type and after a week or 10 days without
a lengthy conversation I do thrive on the weekend hikers- after
all someone has to work and pay the Rangers salary so I can
not do anyting for 6 weeks but hike!