Re: [pct-l] Hot Food idea!!!

>>  Yes, carry canned tunu,chicken and vianna sausage. One can of chicken
>>weighes the same as a can of tuna fish. Good source of protein. If you can
>>resupply a week, the weight won't kill you. I come more from the Colin
>>Fetcher school of thinking than the Ray Jardine school. I enjoy making a few
>>miles less per day, but being more comfortable in camp and well fed. In
>>77, I
>>carried thirty pounds of gear and clothes, not counting food. I now carry
>>around 20 lbs. I believe in hipbelts and having a pack that has " reserve "
>>strength . I can still do close to 20 miles a day, chicken and all. Of
>>course, you can buy Moutain House the whole trip or live on Tofu beansprout
>>bars. Dinner is the best meal of the day on a hike. You sleep warmer and
>>better with a great meal in your gut.

I agree... I was just surprissseeeeeddddd that anyone still
carried canned goods... MH Chicken and tuna are real meat
and weight 10x less. Does not mean I am Jardine school...
just means I like MH and/or drying my own food and not
carrying tin cans.

I still have a great dinner after 20 miles and sleep well
and don't have a tin can to contend with till the next trash heap.
I assume u pack it out?