[pct-l] [pct-list] thanks and a request

After I posted my first message, I got a whole bunch of personal e-mails
saying nice things about the book Dan and I wrote (and Bart photographed) --
I just wanted to thank everyone and apologize for not responding personally.
I made the mistake of opening my e-mail before my morning coffee. In an
effort to keep the volume of e-mail somewhat manageable, I tend to delete
stuff as I read it -- I was thinking I could go back later to the digest and
get addresses to respond to, and then I realized, the notes were personal,
not to the list, and I had deleted all the addresses. So that's why I'm
posting to the list. I REALLY appreciate hearing from readers! Because
otherwise, it's just me and my computer all day.

Quick note and request -- I'm in the middle of another book called "Hiking
the Longest Trails." It's a how-to about the three triple crown trails. Would
very much appreciate people e-mailing me personally (I promise, I'll be more
careful this time) if you have any insights you'd like to share. I'm
especially intersted in hearing about any cool tricks you learned. Also, what
surprised you about a thru-hike (or a long hike)? What did you learn? What do
you wish you knew before you started. Anyone who responds will be fully
credited in the book -- I hope you'll share your expertise with other, future
hikers. (I don't want the book to only reflect my experience and voice,
because I think there are lots of ways to accomplish a thru-hike.)

Also PLEASE don't feel you have be a "triple crowner" to respond!!! Anyone
who's done a long hike on one of these three trails has stuff to share. (It
doesn't even have to be a thru-hike). Also, if you have stuff to send re: the
other two trails (AT, CDT), I'd love to have that, as well.

Thanks!
Karen Berger