Re: [pct-l] Have you heard about the filming?

> db,
> what sort of digital camera are you brining?  how are you handling
> batteries? cards?
> peter

  I'm bringing a Sony DSC-F505 and it uses the new "Memory Stick" media that
on a 64 meg one can store literally hundreds of photos.  I picked this
camera because it has the best zoom of any digital camera out there with a
Carl Zeiss lens at 38-190mm with a 5x digital zoom on top of that.  You
can't buy a good case for this camera so I made my own out of high density
foam and some pack cloth.  Going digital for the first time will save me
hours scanning photos and I have over the years lost film overseas and even
on my AT hike, they just got lost in the mail.  Plus using these photos for
a web site I can almost immediately post them up.  As far as weight goes
this is still pretty light compared to a full SLR film camera and I don't
have to worry about carrying rolls of film.  I'm including all battery
rechargers in my bounce box along with my laptop to download all the photos
onto its hard drive to send out onto the web.  I don't think its weighs
anymore then your standard camera outfit plus it has a Mpeg video feature as
well.