[pct-l] Resupply at Lone Pine/Mt. Whitney

The Forest Service has gotten even tighter with permits for the Mt.
Whitney trailhead, plus you need a special lottery-drawn permit to
be in the "Whitney Zone".  I believe a thru-PCT permit includes the
permit to be in the Whitney Zone for a climb to the summit, but I
wonder what happens when you leave the area for resupply?  I asked
about this at the Lone Pine Ranger Station last summer, (in relation
to a John Muir Trail hike, not the PCT), exiting at Kearsarge Pass for
resupply.  I was told that a _new permit_ would be required for
re-entry over Kearsarge after exiting, but that this permit could be
applied for
at the same time as the original.  The problem is you are required
to specify a specific date for re-entry, in order to be counted in
that day's quota.

This makes some sort of sense to me, otherwise one could thwart the
entire permit system by getting a single PCT thru-hike permit and
using it all summer long, any time, at any trailhead, just by claiming
to be "resupplying".

Does anyone know for sure if you will be re-admitted after leaving
the Whitney area for resupply?

. . . Kurt