Re: [pct-l] go lite, pots

At 03:00 PM 2/24/00 ,  mhaynes@mbayaq.org wrote:

>I called Go Lite today about there warranty on gear.  I was told they will only replace it if you send it how you got it.  They charge for repairs as well.  They did say they would uphold any manufacture defects.  Unlike Patagonia who will return or replace any of there items despite how you ruined the gear.

Actually the biggest difference will be the materials the gear is made of, and the resultant gear weight

In order to do a "forever" guarantee, the manufacturers need to make it bomb-proof, which means heavier, sturdier materials, which IMHO is the reason most gear weighs so much: most weekenders prefer the heavier stuff, and the forever guarantee.

Light gear needs more respect and gentler treatment than the normal weight stuff. This doesn't mean it won't last for the whole trip, just that you can't drag and throw it around quite as much.

-Brick