[pct-l] Pre-hydrating food

* Message posted to PCT-L from the National Scenic Trails Website
* by our guest Luke Snyder <lukeahoy@yahoo.com>.
* Please use <mailto:lukeahoy@yahoo.com> to reply to the sender.

Hola Folks!
More questions for the tried and true.
To save fuel, I quite often pre-hydrate my food (noodles, rice, cous-cous) at the water break just prior to my dinner site.  I've always used filtered water in my Nalgene or whatever along with the food, but I wonder about this upcoming hike and having to filter each time.  My question: If I am planning on boiling my food and water (at the same time) for two or three minutes, will I be safe from all the goods, bads and uglies?  Any experiences?
And what about using potable aqua day after day.  Any Iodine toxicity cases out there?
-Luke
lukeahoy@yahoo.com