RE: [pct-l] Ultra Tricks

Monty,

Saying that one needs or our should hike with a 60 plus pound hike means
absolutely nothing. To be perfectly clear,  I'll repeat it again,
"Absolutely Nothing!"

Weight has nothing to do with hiking. What gear you carry, why and how you
use it does. I've been backpacking for over 30 years and have never carried
over 50 pounds of gear anywhere. Including backcountry ski touring, or
winter mountaineering with mountain rescue.

So exactly what is it that you are carrying that weights so much an is going
to save your ass under all conditions? For the life of me I don't know.

One of these days I'll write about great "The Myth of the Three Day Storm".
I'll leave that one to a later post.

In the meantime, let's try and stop blasting others. If you've got a better
way tell us what it is.

Ron "Fallingwater" Moak
PCT 2000 Journey - http://www.fallingwater.com/pct2000