RE: [pct-l] a novice's perspective

"Throughout this trip our baseline packweights averaged about 22 pounds" (RJ
Beyond Backpacking p.24)...  speaking of his 2nd thru-hike.  He mentions earlier
that during the first hike he had his pack up to what he guessed was about 75
pounds as he headed into the Sierra.  (p.23)

Only during his fifth thru-hike did his weight get down to 8.5 pounds (p.26).  A
lot of time to gain experience with light gear and develop a style perfect for
him.

So, even if we absorb just a little of it, we gain some ground before we even
start out.

..Kelly