[pct-l] Sleeping Bags

 I used a White Stag " Fiberfill Two " bag in the old days. It looked like
the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz after the flying monkeys got done
trashing him!! Every seam had rotted out and pulling it out of the stuff sack
required shoving the fiberfill bats back place. ( This is the way it looked
at white pass) White Stag replaced it at my Stevens Pass drop. My buddies
used a North Face bag which he still has. Now days you have many choices of
manmade fills. Of course none can beat down for lightness or durability. I
feel a 20 degree fiber bag loses 5 degrees of warmth each year. In five years
it's just good to 40 degrees. A down bag might only lose 5 degrees of warmth
in five years.