Re: [pct-l] down or synthetic bags?

On the trail last year I believe I saw equal amounts of down and synthetic
bags.

I went with a synthetic bag because I used a tarp and thought that the bag
would be more vulnerable to getting wet since the ends are open on the tarp.

However, if I were to do the hike again, I would serioulsy consider one of
the ultra light blankets that are available. I would use that the majority
of the trail and then have the synthetic bag ready for OR and WA when rain
becomes more of an issue.

Troubadour
http://www.pcthiker.com | experience the pacific crest trail