[pct-l] Re: Water

The Weathercarrot wrote:

> I was planning on an MSR Dromedary water bag as well - are you saying that
> you can buy a tube/bite valve that is compatible with the MSR? Where can I
> find it?
>
> Also, I'm planning on having a six-quart capacity in the desert (which
> hopefully would need to last no more than about 24 hours). Is this
> realistic?

I got it at REI; they sell it separate from the bag. It's an MSR
assessory. I think they sell a bag with tube and bite valve as well.

I think 6 quarts is probably ok in the spring.  I went with a bag and a
2 one liter bottles for a while, but I found the bottles to be bulky
when I didn't need them.  Now I carry the 2 bags and a plastic soda
bottle for use in camp.

Tom

Tom