Re: [pct-l] Pasta Sauce

I dehydrated the Ragu and Prego style stuff last year. I wound up with a
"brick" in the in my dehydrater. I put it in a blender and it turned
into powder which I thought would be perfect. I vacuum packed all my
pasta and sauce meals. The problem was on the trail the "sauce" had
turned to a bricklike consistency again. I solved the problem by putting
it in the water before I boiled it. It reconstituted into a sauce. Then
I would add the angelhair for a few minutes. It really turned out great.
Another favorite meal I did was dehydrated refried beans[they are in
most stores in my area now] and Uncle Bens brown rice. I would make a
batch and put it on tortillas. It was excellent.
Tom in Sacramento