[pct-l] Slides vs. Flames ... er film

I'll "weigh in" on the photography stuff, why not!

Slides or prints: a very personal decision. I think for most it would be
prints. No doubt that slides look better, but are a pain to show in a
hurry (you have to wait for dark). Slides are cheaper if processed by a
good lab, compared to prints processed by a good lab. Don't let your film
be processed by a golden retriever though. Labs only.

Slides from prints, or prints from slides: neither are great and both are
expensive. You can get nice enlargements from slides, but from negatives
it's usually better in my experience. Prints from slides are often very
contrasty and disappointing compared to the slide.

The bottom line: pick you camera and film, and try it out before you go on
your trip! You don't want to find out when you get back that your Olympus
Sylus epic doesn't recognize 64 speed film!