[pct-l] Lightweight Pack

ALL,
I plan to modify the GV4 pack to provide better suspension. This pack weighs
only 10-12 ounces with an innovative suspension system that uses spare
clothing for padding. However, this doesn't meet my needs for 1-2 week
hikes. Accordingly I have acquired a state-of-the-art hipbelt and shoulder
straps and will install them in the GV4 as soon as I get it. [End of
February is the latest guess]

Even modified this way the GV4 should weigh only about 2 pounds and still
have plenty of room. Compare this with the six (6) plus pounds of
conventional packs.

Going along with Glen's policy of providing plans for those who want to make
the pack themselves, I will provide a Bill of Material, plans and
instructions. I will post these as soon as I have completed the task.

I am personally very excited about this GV4 pack. I was prepared to purchase
a Kelty Cloud for $400 but Kelty raising the price to $550 turned me off. I
am confident that with the creative abilities of this list we can invent
modifications to the GV4 that will cover most hiking styles and situations.