[pct-l] Snow Trip Announcement - if you want to do some winter hiking!

Beautiful winter scenery abounds here!

Check out:

 http://banquo.infolane.com/~calliger/snowrich.gif
 http://banquo.infolane.com/~calliger/Ron1.GIF
 http://banquo.infolane.com/~calliger/Ron2.GIF
 http://banquo.infolane.com/~calliger/Ron3.GIF

(ignore the dates as my camera has a habit of resetting to
its date of mfg in 1994) when it is bored apparently).

I will be leading (private) trip up to Waugh lake area (South of
Donahue pass) trailhead entry at my friends' house on June Lake,
in late February or early March... time to plan now if anyone is interested-
this can be your 1st time snow-trip if you have all the right
gear and some ice-axe & snow-shoe experience (we will practice an hour
or so before ascending) Snow shoes with good crampon points
required.. . Expect several feet of snow but a lot
of wind-cleared areas.  We will be ascending 33% of the way
up an old service narrow gauge trail-way so the going won't
be totally rough in the snow (note this is rocky area so
skis won't work). I will bring 20m of 7mm for any belays
needed- you might want to bring a couple of slings for
yourself to anchor in with- we do this mainly for safety
on descending.

Let me know your interest and we can start the planning process.
(Note I will be out of town for most of February on other trips
so let me know soonest if you are interested). Although I will
have my laptop and cell phone to keep in touch with the Net.

--Rich

PS-

There are openings on our Feb climbing and peak-bagging
trip (to Joshua Tree, San Jacinto area as well as Telescope)
if you care to link up for a weekend or whatever.