[pct-l] hiking to Mount Whitney

I got the all but just a couple of the pictures from the Mount
Whitney hike.  Here are is a quick description and the link to the
pictures:

This past week, we drove for about 8 hours before finally getting to
Whitney Portal (8,300 feet in elevation) which is off of Highway 395.
We then hiked for the next couple days making our way to the summit.

Mount Whitney, mountain in eastern California, a peak of the Sierra
Nevada.  It is the highest mountain in the conterminous United States
and has an altitude of 14,494 feet.  Second highest peak in the
United States after Mount McKinley, Alaska (20,320 feet).  Its slope
is precipitous on the east, rising abruptly for about 11,000 feet
from Owens Valley.

Climbing Mount Whitney is a challenge for even the healthiest of
climbers.  It involves a long climb at high elevations.  But the
mountains, forests, snow fields, and rivers make it a great
collection of spectacular views and well worth the work.  I suggest
that anyone considering this trail spend at least three days in the
area.  You definitely won't get bored here.

	http://www.vr6.com/vacation/whitney/

Hope you enjoy the pictures and wish me luck with the Mount Shasta hike!!!

Ty

| ADZPCTKO Listing   -	http://www.vr6.com/hikes/adzpctko.html  |
| PCT Hikers Listing -	http://www.vr6.com/hikes/PCTRoster.html |