[pct-l] big pack orlittle pack

So, do I want to carry a 40 lb. load with a 1 pound pack or a 43 pound load with
a 4 pound pack I know will handle that much weight.?

I've ordered a G4 pack and am anxious to try it out.  For shorter trips,
especially around here, it might just be ideal.  I don't need to carry water and
the food for a short trip is just a few pounds.

Over a long dry stretch of 7 days, you might at some point have 15 - 20 pounds
of water plus 15 - 20 pounds of food...in addition to that 10 pound pack.  So,
we have 40 pounds at least.  Or more.

So, back to the original question.  The only salvation for the 1 pound pack is
the lighter load  will hopefully allow you better mileage so not as much water
or food is not needed.  But here we are talking only 3 pounds.  Could it make
that big of a difference?

Just thinkin' out loud..

...Kelly