Re: [pct-l] When to eat dinner

Here was my eating plan on the trail:

5:30 am eat breakfast in sleeping bag. Then nap till 7am. (Man, there is
nothing more pleasurable than napping on a full stomach. Mmmmmmm. . .nap)

I took a break about every two hours and so I would snack on snickers and
other candy and granola bars at those stops.

I would lunch around noon or 1pm, ususally took a full hour and ate cheese,
bagels, candy bars, pretzels, candy bars, candy bars, sausage, pita, candy
bars, granola bars and a snickers bar. Every so often a cliff bar and
sometimes I would even cook a dinner if I wanted something warm.

I'd eat dinner aroud 6-7pm for an hour. (Although sometimes I stopped
earlier if I was tired and hungry. One really has to listen to the body.)
Usually liptons, mac 'n cheese, rice and beans, rolls, noodles and sauce,
tortillas etc. Then I'd get up and hike until dusk. I really enjoyed the
post dinner hiking. It was usually at a slower pace and the evening sun
creates beautiful shadows on the land (in the desert it was cooler too).
Sometimes I would hike well into the evening, a few times till midnight
because I felt strong.

Troubadour
http://www.pcthiker.com | experience the pacific crest trail