Re: [pct-l] shoes...sorta

Jerry,

> I backpacked in Merrell or Teva sandles for 5 years or so. I use them
winter (Seal Skins and fleese socks) and summer. My feet are actually warmer
than when I hiked in boots. They are much more comfortable and, of course,
lighter.

If you like sandals, Teva has just come out with a new "performance running"
sandal that looks great for hiking. It has a turned up spring toe, a nice
traction lug outersole, a quick drying insole, quick drying straps, and a
strapping system that wraps around the arch. I spoke to Teva and they should
be out in the stores soon. Check them out at www.teva.com

John Vonhof
vonhof@pacbell.net
FIXING YOUR FEET: Preventive Maintenance and Treatments for Foot Problems of
Runners, Hikers, and Adventure Racers
http://www.footworkpub.com/feet