Re: [pct-l] Shoes and boots

In a message dated 1/18/00 7:13:10 AM Pacific Standard Time,
rogercar@pacifier.com writes:

<< For boots in the Sierra I had to travel to Ridgecrest from Kennedy Meadows
to buy new boots because the boots I had packed were lost en-route.  With the
limited selection in that small city,  >>

Roger didn't have the option to wait, but for those who can, there is a very
good store in Bishop for all your hiking needs. It's called Eastside Sports.
They also do on-site boot repairs if that's what you need.

No, I don't get a commission. When thru-hikers wanted a new sleeping bag
before heading into the Sierras last year, Lone Pine offered nothing but
Coleman bags. We drove to Bishop and found just what they needed. (As a
bonus, there is a great Mexican Restaurant just across the street from
Eastside Sports.)

If you happen to be in Lone Pine, there is daily bus service to/from Bishop.
That might be a better option than leaving the PCT via North Lake/South Lake.

Charlie