RE: [pct-l] Shoes and boots

Looks like there will be a good group at the PCTA Conf,  AZDPCTKO and on the
trail this summer.

Of all my equipment, foot protection still is the biggest black hole. Simply
because no other piece of equipment can change ones outlook on a hike so
completely and quickly. In addition the solutions always seem to be floating
around just beyond reach.

I've collected an odd ball choice of footwear for this summers journey.
Ranging from cheap cross trainers to a pair of NB 802s and a pair of Nike
ACG high tops. The Nike boots are about 8 oz per pair heaver than the 802's
but have a thin leather cover with more ankle protection. They are planned
for use in the Sierras. The rest of the trail will be mix and match.

The rest of my gear is all set and ready to roll. A couple of weekends ago a
made another pack. I ended up giving my first on to my son since his pack
weighed in at 6+ pounds. For those interested, I'll have my pack and other
stuff at the PCT conference. I understand there will be a table with
homemade stoves, but the shootout will be reserved for the AZDPCTKO.

Now all I have to do is finish drying all that food and making a couple
hundred meals.

Ron "Fallingwater" Moak
PCT 2000 Journey - http://www.fallingwater.com/pct2000