Re: [pct-l] Trekking Poles vs. ski poles

In a message dated 1/11/00 10:46:13 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
pctresearch@hotmail.com writes:

<< It can be argued that trekking poles are
 doing the wilds a service by breaking up the compacted trail and allow for
 seeds to find a crevice to take root in. But I guess this would be a problem
 if your a trail crew worker trying to maintain the trail.

I don't believe the consensus is out regarding actual damage to the trail
according to the trail maintainers I have spoken with.  In reality, I believe
they could be either beneficial or damaging depending on terrain.

Any maintainers out there have an opinion?

Sly