Re: [pct-l] Hiking pole tip replacement

In a message dated 1/11/00 6:43:19 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
kborski@yahoo.com writes:

<< After about 1500 miles, I broke a tip off one of my
 poles and found myself facing a befuddled clerk at an
 outfitters along the AT.  >>

I must be getting old, I forgot to mention how I had my tips replaced after I
received them in Big Bear City.

The instructions provided, suggested using an adjustable wrench, narrowed
down to fit around the pole proper smaller than the tip itself, give it a
whack downward with a hammer and it will come off.

Yea right, like I was carrying an adjustable wrench and a hammer!  Befuddled,
I went next door from the Fire House to the auto mechanic and he graciously
help we out with my problem.

Bear Bear City is a must stop, very friendly and a haven for long distance
hikers!

Sly