[pct-l] replacing Leki Tips

Somebody mentioned replacing their Leki tips (I was
too quick with the delete button so I don't know who
it was).  I was wondering where you got the
replacement tips and how hard they are to replace.

I've heard stories of people boiling the ends of the
poles to get old tips off, ect.  Is there a trick to
this?

When I went into REI and asked about replacement tips
they looked at me like I was from Mars!  It seemed
inconceivable to the store clerk that I could have
worn out my tips.  Finally somebody from customer
service called me back saying they had located the
tips and could special order them for me for $30.  Is
this really what the tips cost?  That's a third of the
price of the whole poles!

My poles have over 2000 miles on them and only one tip
(my right one... guess maybe being right handed makes
me slam that one down harder) is completely worn
down/punched in such that there is no more exposed
carbide.

Thanks for your help!  Emily