RE: [pct-l] Golden Access Pass

Pete asks  >> If you obtain a thru-hiker's permit from PCTA, do you need
also to be
concerned with getting other permits?? <<

Currently the thru-hiker permit will cover everything except Whitney. The
permit form on the website has been temporarily disabled until the Whitney
matter is resolved. There will still be and additional $15 charge for those
who want the reservations. Right now the question is who the payment is to.

I'll let the list know when the PCTA permit is back online.

Also new to the website this year is the form for entering Canada. You can
print it out, fill it in and have it ready to enter Canada legally. This is
timely since an email about this topic just came in as I am typing this. You
can get trip permit info at the following URL.
http://www.pcta.org/plan/permit.shtml

Ron Moak
Pacific Crest Trail Association - Webmaster
http://www.pcta.org