[pct-l] Bike Spring

JimLBanks at verizon.net JimLBanks at verizon.net
Tue Feb 23 13:31:42 CST 2021

Hi Carl.  Yes, I have read the information in the Wilderness Press Guide.
The  6th Edition, Second printing Feb. 2007 is the one I have.  It is
interesting that it says there are two concrete "tubs."  So far we have
found only one.  Also the 4 white PVC pipes are nowhere to be found,
although the brush is very thick and may be hiding them.  I remember As A
Bat telling me about the original plans for the trail that was going to
include drilling numerous wells to supply water, but it never happened to
any great extent.  Another unanswered question is the reference to the
polluted nature of the water.  I don't know what would be causing any
pollution there.  There may have been cattle grazing there at some point,
but not for many years now, probably decades.  This is the type of
background information that we are trying to get from the Forest Service but
no luck so far.  I think there is no one that works for the Forest Service
now days that has been around long enough to remember anything about the
spring.  I wonder if any of the authors of the Wilderness Press Guide would
be able to help?  Anyone know how to contact them?  I will send an email to
Wilderness Press to see if they can be of any help.

I-Beam