[pct-l] old stuff in our closets

Peer Böhm pmb379 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 02:07:40 CST 2021

Hi David,

> Anyway I've decided the emotional content is not so much the throwing
away of old things as the feeling of throwing away of the part of my life
that they were attached to.

I know exactly what you are talking about. I think.

Getting rid of things that once meant something (and looking back into the
past still kind of do) is a sad thing. It feels at the moment like throwing
out a part of oneself, old memories, that made oneself as one is now in a
way.

But after it's done, it can be liberating. Making room for new things and
experiences.

Occasionally I have regretted later, having gotten rid of something in the
past. But mostly, once a thing is gone, it felt better. I think it's a kind
of grieving process, in a way.

The old stuff and the old experiences might fade away with the years, but
they are still and will always be present in what we have become through
them. The essence stays and devolops on and on.

As it's said - tradition is not the keeping the ashes, but passing the
flame.

And the flame will never go away, and will never be thrown out.

Regards,
Peer