[pct-l] bailing out

Neil Lacey neil.lacey at comcast.net
Fri Mar 29 11:28:34 CDT 2019

Greetings,

I'm trying to think/brainstorm about options for this year.

I've committed to an April 8 start date, of course I'd love to finish
but I've seen some insane snowmelt in my time, makes me hesitate.

Plus I'm 64, in great shape for 64, but pushing straight through seems
pretty risky.

I just retired so I don't have many constraints, here are a  few
thoughts, I know a lot can happen between now & June.

1) Hike North to Tehachapi, take a break somewhere til the melt is
mostly over & then head into the Sierra

2) Take a longer break after the desert & head southbound from the
northern border

3) Flip North then head South depending on snow.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Neil