[pct-l] question re canisters

Rod Miller rod at rodmiller.com
Sat Mar 10 13:35:15 CST 2018

Excellent question. Way back I started scratching a
hash mark on the side of the canister, one hash mark
per cup boiled. Most of this boiling was done at high
(over 6000 feet) elevations. There was quite a difference
in performance among the various brands. I could dig up
some of the data, however, the bottom line is that the
Gas One brand consistently gave more that 30 cup-boils
(one cup boiled) with my Jet Boil titanium stove.
Gas One took some sleuthing to find a consistent source,
which was for me Big 5 Sporting Goods.

--
Rod Miller
Handcraftsman