[pct-l] complete printouts of half-mile maps

David Hough reading PCT-L pctl at oakapple.net
Mon Jul 30 23:17:45 CDT 2018

Yogi's Books doesn't sell printouts of half-mile maps any more:

"Yogi's Books does not offer printing services for Halfmile's maps.
 We tried to obtain copyright permission from NatGeo, but the NatGeo
 Vice President informed us that it is illegal for anyone
 (commercial or private) to print the maps and charge for the
 printing service.  NatGeo said the only way to legally print
 Halfmile's maps is for an individual to print the maps for
 themselves from their home printer."

My home printer isn't very good so I'd rather pay somebody else to do
a good job.     Has anybody figured out a way forward on this?
Must be a big pain for new hikers who don't have complete sets from
previous years...    Or maybe young people just download them all
and never drop their electronics in the creek.

Not that previous year maps are a panacea because the mileage changes
and each year has more points of interest
(especially water sources and campsites) than the year before.