[pct-l] Alpine Lakes Wilderness, air situation?

Herb Stroh HStroh at sjmslaw.com
Wed Aug 22 08:53:27 CDT 2018

I just came through there about 10 days ago.

Smoke is ever-present and long views are mottled. Near Stevens the smoke was heavy enough to be an irritant to eyes and throat, but maybe it depends on which way the wind is blowing. Further south was not as bad. Felt like the whole state was smokey. Locals say some of the smoke is from fires in Canada.

Pretty section. Watch the water report as things were starting to dry up. Mosquitoes were annoying but not maddening so by Mid Sep should not be an issue.

Herb

Sent from my iPhone