[pct-l] Subject: Re: Lake Marina kick off

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Sat Apr 21 14:08:50 CDT 2018

On Sat, Apr 21, 2018 at 10:44 AM, CClark <dr_carolyn at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Brick,It sounds like you are familiar with "typical" weatherpatterns (I know there is really no typical) in southern CA.Would water issues make it a really bad idea to hike the southern section in the fall?

In the fall, there will most likely be no natural water available. I
would only count on pipes hooked into a municipal water system

If I were to plan a Fall So-Cal section hike, I would take a day
before the trip to drive and cache water near the road crossings. Take
detailed notes (an pics if you have your phone) as to where you left
the water, as things seem very different even after a few days and
they can be hard to find. If they are sufficiently hidden, the water
should still be there when you arrive on your section hike.

Just be sure to carry out the empties, or go back and pick them up
after the section.

The fall is a wonderful time to hike SoCal. Enjoy your trip.