[pct-l] Subject: Re: Lake Marina kick off

CClark dr_carolyn at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 21 12:44:47 CDT 2018

On  Fri, 20 Apr 2018 12:17:39 -0700, Brick Robbins <brick at brickrobbins.com> wrote:

<<
This year we have a drought in So-Cal so you are experiencing dryer
conditions than normal. Some years, people leaving in April get snowed
on in the Lagunas.

When you hit the Sierra, you may wish you had started later. >>

Hereis my question:

Brick,It sounds like you are familiar with "typical" weatherpatterns (I know there is really no typical) in southern CA.Would water issues make it a really bad idea to hike the southern section in the fall?

BTW,I am now a very senior citizen. I hiked all of southern Cal when Iwas in my early sixties, when I could cover 20 miles in a day fairlyeasily. I'm a strong hiker for my age, but I'm not so sure I could do 20-mile days now, and I'm not so sure Ican still carry a 3-day supply of water while I'm hiking that many miles.

I am wondering if I'm just dreaming, to consider thru-hiking again.

Carolyn"aka Soul Doctor"