[pct-l] Beware: the pineapple express is bearing down on the PCT

sdscpcts sdscpcts at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 6 11:43:39 CDT 2018

It looks like south of the Mojave this will be mainly a wind event with only a 20 percent chance of rain on Saturday. The SierraNevada will get a lot of precipitation. Which may mean a better snow pack.
         Mataguay Connector Rob

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A
-------- Original message --------From: Brick Robbins <brick at brickrobbins.com> Date: 4/5/18  8:03 PM  (GMT-08:00) To: PCT <pct-l at backcountry.net> Subject: [pct-l] Beware: the pineapple express is bearing down on the PCT
Hitting hard this weekend according to:
https://cliffmass.blogspot.com/2018/04/monster-late-season-atmospheric-river.html

How much precipitation will California and the Northwest get?  Here
are the precipitation totals for the next 8 days from the European
Center model (courtesy of weatherbell.com).

For California, we are talking about as much as 4-8 inches in terrain
and heavy amounts (over 2 inches) over much of central and northern
CA.  Remember April is typically a month that California dries out as
the jet stream usually moves north.

In the Northwest, we will get a piece of the action, with several
inches everywhere, but particularly heavy precipitation on the
Olympics and in southern BC.