[pct-l] Beware: the pineapple express is bearing down on the PCT

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Thu Apr 5 22:03:30 CDT 2018

Hitting hard this weekend according to:
https://cliffmass.blogspot.com/2018/04/monster-late-season-atmospheric-river.html

How much precipitation will California and the Northwest get?  Here
are the precipitation totals for the next 8 days from the European
Center model (courtesy of weatherbell.com).

For California, we are talking about as much as 4-8 inches in terrain
and heavy amounts (over 2 inches) over much of central and northern
CA.  Remember April is typically a month that California dries out as
the jet stream usually moves north.

In the Northwest, we will get a piece of the action, with several
inches everywhere, but particularly heavy precipitation on the
Olympics and in southern BC.