[pct-l] Rain Gear or Plastic Rain coat

Herb Stroh HStroh at sjmslaw.com
Wed May 31 18:59:41 CDT 2017

I did get rained on pretty good in norcal last year in late June. I used a light waterproof rain jacket and a rain skirt from Zpacks. The skirt weight in at a scant 1.9 ounces. Sure you eventually get wet from the calf down but that happens in a poncho anyway; or from sweat if hiking in rain pants. You can easily get in and out of the skirt without taking the pack off and it vents better than pants.