[pct-l] Hiking Boots vs Trail Runners for Sierra 2017?

Melanie Clarke melaniekclarke at gmail.com
Wed May 24 19:14:43 CDT 2017

I have some European friends hiking the PCT this year and they are
wondering if I should mail them their hiking boots to Kennedy Meadows for
the Sierras; or if they should continue to use their trail runners with
sturdy gaters to the knee.  They are 24 miles from Hikertown right now so
they will be in Kennedy Meadows in a couple of weeks.  My friends says that
they only use hiking boots when they hike in the Alps.  But they really
like the trail runners they are using now.  Boots would stay wet forever
after a stream crossing etc.

All comments appreciated.